1. How does an IPv6 client ensure that it has a unique address after it configures its IPv6 address using the SLAAC allocation method?
- It contacts the DHCPv6 server via a special formed ICMPv6 message.
- It checks with the IPv6 address database that is hosted by the SLAAC server.
- It sends an ARP message with the IPv6 address as the destination IPv6 address.
- It sends an ICMPv6 Neighbor Solicitation message with the IPv6 address as the target IPv6 address.
2. Which method would an IPv6-enabled host using SLAAC employ to learn the address of the default gateway?
- neighbor advertisements that are eceived from link neighbors
- router advertisements that are received from the link router
- reply messages that are received from the DHCPv6 server
- advertise messages that are received from the DHCPv6 server
3. What two methods can be used to generate an interface ID by an IPv6 host that is using SLAAC? (Choose two.)
- random generation
- stateful DHCPv6
4. A client is using SLAAC to obtain an IPv6 address for its interface. After an address has been generated and applied to the interface, what must the client do before it can begin to use this IPv6 address?
- It must send a DHCPv6 INFORMATION-REQUEST message to request the address of the DNS server.
- It must send a DHCPv6 REQUEST message to the DHCPv6 server to request permission to use this address.
- It must send an ICMPv6 Router Solicitation message to determine what default gateway it should use.
- It must send an ICMPv6 Neighbor Solicitation message to ensure that the address is not already in use on the network.
5. Which command should be configured on a router interface to set the router as a stateful DHCPv6 client?
- ipv6 enable
- ipv6 address dhcp
- ipv6 dhcp server stateful
- ipv6 address autoconfigure
ipv6 address dhcpcommand is configured on a router interface, it enables the router as a DHCPv6 client on this interface. The
ipv6 enablecommand enables IPv6 on an interface and allows the router to configure its link-local address. The
ipv6 address autoconfigurecommand tells the router to use either SLAAC or stateless DHCPv6 to configure its global unicast address. The
ipv6 dhcp servercommand is used on a router that is running a DHCPv6 server to indicate what address information should be served to clients.
6. What message informs IPv6 enabled interfaces to use stateful DHCPv6 for obtaining an IPv6 address?
- the ICMPv6 Router Advertisement
- the DHCPv6 Reply message
- the ICMPv6 Router Solicitation
- the DHCPv6 Advertise message
7. Which destination IP address is used when an IPv6 host sends a DHCPv6 SOLICIT message to locate a DHCPv6 server?
8. In which alternative to DHCPv6 does a router dynamically provide IPv6 configuration information to hosts?
9. A company implements the stateless DHCPv6 method for configuring IPv6 addresses on employee workstations. After a workstation receives messages from multiple DHCPv6 servers to indicate their availability for DHCPv6 service, which message does it send to a server for configuration information?
- DHCPv6 REQUEST
- DHCPv6 INFORMATION-REQUEST
- DHCPv6 ADVERTISE
- DHCPv6 SOLICIT
10. What process is used in ICMPv6 for a host to verify that an IPv6 address is unique before configuring it on an interface?
11. What are two characteristics of the SLAAC method for IPv6 address configuration? (Choose two.)
- Router solicitation messages are sent by the router to offer IPv6 addressing to clients.
- The default gateway of an IPv6 client on a LAN will be the link-local address of the router interface attached to the LAN.
- This stateful method of acquiring an IPv6 address requires at least one DHCPv6 server.
- Clients send router advertisement messages to routers to request IPv6 addressing.
- IPv6 addressing is dynamically assigned to clients through the use of ICMPv6.
12. After booting, a client receives an ICMPv6 RA message with the M flag set to 0 and the O flag set to 1. What does this indicate?
- The client should request an IPv6 address directly from a DHCPv6 server.
- The client should automatically configure an IPv6 address and then contact a DHCPv6 server for more information.
- The client should automatically configure an IPv6 address without contacting a DHCPv6 server.
- The client should be statically configured with an IPv6 address because the local router does not support autoconfiguration.
13. A network administrator is entering the command ipv6 unicast-routing to start configuring DHCPv6 operation on a router. Which statement describes the function of this command?
- It is required for enabling DNS service in DHCPv6 configurations.
- It is required for sending ICMPv6 RA messages.
- It is required to configure stateless DHCPv6 server on the router.
- It is required to configure stateful DHCPv6 server on the router.
ipv6 unicast-routingcommand is required to enable IPv6 routing on a router. This command is not necessary for the router to be a stateless or stateful DHCPv6 server, but is required for sending ICMPv6 RA messages.