Which device performs the function of determining the path that messages should take through internetworks?
- a router*
- a firewall
- a web server
- a DSL modem
Fill in the blank.
A convergednetwork is capable of delivering voice, video, text, and graphics over the same communication channels.
Fill in the blank.
The acronym byod refers to the policy that allows employees to use their personal devices in the business office to access the network and other resources.
Match the description to the form of network communication. (Not all options are used.)
What two criteria are used to help select a network medium from various network media? (Choose two.)
- the types of data that need to be prioritized
- the cost of the end devices utilized in the network
- the distance the selected medium can successfully carry a signal*
- the number of intermediary devices installed in the network
- the environment where the selected medium is to be installed*
What are two functions of end devices on a network? (Choose two.)
- They originate the data that flows through the network.*
- They direct data over alternate paths in the event of link failures.
- They filter the flow of data to enhance security.
- They are the interface between humans and the communication network.*
- They provide the channel over which the network message travels.
Which area of the network would a college IT staff most likely have to redesign as a direct result of many students bringing their own tablets and smartphones to school to access school resources?
- wired LAN
- wireless LAN*
- wireless WAN
What type of network must a home user access in order to do online shopping?
- an intranet
- the Internet*
- an extranet
- a local area network
An employee at a branch office is creating a quote for a customer. In order to do this, the employee needs to access confidential pricing information from internal servers at the Head Office. What type of network would the employee access?
- an intranet*
- the Internet
- an extranet
- a local area network
Which two connection options provide an always-on, high-bandwidth Internet connection to computers in a home office? (Choose two.)
- dial-up telephone
Which two Internet connection options do not require that physical cables be run to the building? (Choose two.)
- cellular *
- dedicated leased line
Which term describes the state of a network when the demand on the network resources exceeds the available capacity?
What type of network traffic requires QoS?
- on-line purchasing
- video conferencing*
Which expression accurately defines the term bandwidth?
- a method of limiting the impact of a hardware or software failure on the network
- a measure of the data carrying capacity of the media*
- a state where the demand on the network resources exceeds the available capacity
- a set of techniques to manage the utilization of network resources
A network administrator is implementing a policy that requires strong, complex passwords. Which data protection goal does this policy support?
- data integrity
- data quality
- data confidentiality*
- data redundancy
Which statement describes a characteristic of cloud computing?
- A business can connect directly to the Internet without the use of an ISP.
- Applications can be accessed over the Internet by individual users or businesses using any device, anywhere in the world.*
- Devices can connect to the Internet through existing electrical wiring.
- Investment in new infrastructure is required in order to access the cloud.
Which statement describes the use of powerline networking technology?
- New “smart” electrical cabling is used to extend an existing home LAN.
- A home LAN is installed without the use of physical cabling.
- A device connects to an existing home LAN using an adapter and an existing electrical outlet.*
- Wireless access points use powerline adapters to distribute data through the home LAN.
What security violation would cause the most amount of damage to the life of a home user?
- denial of service to your email server
- replication of worms and viruses in your computer
- capturing of personal data that leads to identity theft*
- spyware that leads to spam emails
A company is contemplating whether to use a client/server or a peer-to-peer network. What are three characteristics of a peer-to-peer network? (Choose three.)
- better security
- easy to create*
- better device performance when acting as both client and server
- lacks centralized administration *
- less cost to implement*
Which two statements describe intermediary devices? (Choose two.)
- Intermediary devices generate data content.
- Intermediary devices alter data content.
- Intermediary devices direct the path of the data. *
- Intermediary devices connect individual hosts to the network.*
- Intermediary devices initiate the encapsulation process.
A user is implementing security on a small office network. Which two actions would provide the minimum security requirements for this network? (Choose two.)
- implementing a firewall*
- installing a wireless network
- installing antivirus software*
- implementing an intrusion detection system
- adding a dedicated intrusion prevention device
What is the Internet?
- It provides connections through interconnected global networks.*
- It is a network based on Ethernet technology.
- It provides network access for mobile devices.
- It is a private network for an organization with LAN and WAN connections.
Match each characteristic to its corresponding Internet connectivity type. (Not all options are used.)
Match the definition to the security goal. (Not all options are used.)
Which three statements are true regarding the Frame Relay LMI? (Choose three.) The LMI provides …