A company has a network address of 192.168.1.64 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192. The company wants to create two subnetworks that would contain 10 hosts and 18 hosts respectively. Which two networks would achieve that? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. A company uses the address block of 184.108.40.206/16 for its network. What subnet mask would provide the maximum number of equal size subnets while providing enough host addresses for each subnet in the exhibit?
A network administrator is variably subnetting a network. The smallest subnet has a mask of 255.255.255.248. How many usable host addresses will this subnet provide?
What is the prefix for the host address 2001:DB8:BC15:A:12AB::1/64?
Refer to the exhibit. How many broadcast domains are there?
What are two reasons a network administrator might want to create subnets? (Choose two.)
- simplifies network design
- improves network performance *
- easier to implement security policies*
- reduction in number of routers needed
- reduction in number of switches needed
Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has assigned the LAN of LBMISS an address range of 192.168.10.0. This address range has been subnetted using a /29 prefix. In order to accommodate a new building, the technician has decided to use the fifth subnet for configuring the new network (subnet zero is the first subnet). By company policies, the router interface is always assigned the first usable host address and the workgroup server is given the last usable host address. Which configuration should be entered into the properties of the workgroup server to allow connectivity to the Internet?
- IP address: 192.168.10.65 subnet mask: 255.255.255.240, default gateway: 192.168.10.76
- IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.240, default gateway: 192.168.10.33
- IP address: 192.168.10.38 subnet mask: 255.255.255.248, default gateway: 192.168.10.33*
- IP address: 192.168.10.41 subnet mask: 255.255.255.248, default gateway: 192.168.10.46
- IP address: 192.168.10.254 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, default gateway: 192.168.10.1
What is a result of connecting two or more switches together?
- The number of broadcast domains is increased.
- The size of the broadcast domain is increased.*
- The number of collision domains is reduced.
- The size of the collision domain is increased.
If a network device has a mask of /28, how many IP addresses are available for hosts on this network?
Which subnet mask would be used if 5 host bits are available?
How many host addresses are available on the network 172.16.128.0 with a subnet mask of 255.255.252.0?
How many bits must be borrowed from the host portion of an address to accommodate a router with five connected networks?
A network administrator wants to have the same network mask for all networks at a particular small site. The site has the following networks and number of devices:
IP phones – 22 addresses
PCs – 20 addresses needed
Printers – 2 addresses needed
Scanners – 2 addresses needed
The network administrator has deemed that 192.168.10.0/24 is to be the network used at this site. Which single subnet mask would make the most efficient use of the available addresses to use for the four subnetworks?
Refer to the exhibit. Given the network address of 192.168.5.0 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.224, how many total host addresses are unused in the assigned subnets?
Refer to the exhibit. Considering the addresses already used and having to remain within the 10.16.10.0/24 network range, which subnet address could be assigned to the network containing 25 hosts?
A network administrator needs to monitor network traffic to and from servers in a data center. Which features of an IP addressing scheme should be applied to these devices?
- random static addresses to improve security
- addresses from different subnets for redundancy
- predictable static IP addresses for easier identification*
- dynamic addresses to reduce the probability of duplicate addresses
Which two reasons generally make DHCP the preferred method of assigning IP addresses to hosts on large networks? (Choose two.)
- It eliminates most address configuration errors.*
- It ensures that addresses are only applied to devices that require a permanent address.
- It guarantees that every device that needs an address will get one.
- It provides an address only to devices that are authorized to be connected to the network.
- It reduces the burden on network support staff.*
A DHCP server is used to assign IP addresses dynamically to the hosts on a network. The address pool is configured with 192.168.10.0/24. There are 3 printers on this network that need to use reserved static IP addresses from the pool. How many IP addresses in the pool are left to be assigned to other hosts?
Refer to the exhibit. A company is deploying an IPv6 addressing scheme for its network. The company design document indicates that the subnet portion of the IPv6 addresses is used for the new hierarchical network design, with the site subsection to represent multiple geographical sites of the company, the sub-site section to represent multiple campuses at each site, and the subnet section to indicate each network segment separated by routers. With such a scheme, what is the maximum number of subnets achieved per sub-site?
Consider the following range of addresses:
The prefix-length for the range of addresses is /60
Match the subnetwork to a host address that would be included within the subnetwork. (Not all options are used.)
Refer to the exhibit. Match the network with the correct IP address and prefix that will satisfy the usable host addressing requirements for each network. (Not all options are used.)
From right to left, network A has 100 hosts connected to the router on the right. The router on the right is connected via a serial link to the router on the left. The serial link represents network D with 2 hosts. The left router connects network B with 50 hosts and network C with 25 hosts.
Refer to the exhibit. The inside local IP address of PC-A is 192.168.0.200. What will …